The Appraiser is responsible for providing customers with timely and friendly appraisals, with the ultimate goal of closing the sale to maintain a high closing ratio. In addition, the appraiser must handle communication with the adjuster and customer regarding status of the vehicle. This position is often the main point of contact with Car Craft for the customer, so he or she must strive to represent the Company in a professional manner, through excellent communication and portraying a business image.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for providing superior customer service
- Complete the pre-inspection checklist and quality sheets
- Inspect damaged vehicles and write accurate appraisals
- Handle all appraisals, work authorizations, repair orders, supplements, and warranties when dealing with the customer, striving to maintain and improve closing ratio set by the Company.
- Follow-up on customer appraisals, in order to increase closing ratio.
- Ongoing communication with adjuster, production staff and customer regarding status of repair.
- Inspect repair and meet with customer when picking up vehicle to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work to resolve any customer concerns or dissatisfaction with the work or the Company.
- Attend release meetings.
- Responsible for all initial parts ordering of vehicles
- Accountable for maintaining an acceptable closing ratio.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent sales volume to meet or exceed company goals resulting in projected gross profit.
- Maintain relationships with insurance agents, dealerships, fleet accounts and other businesses in order to promote recognition of this Car Craft shop.
- Qualify prospects for appropriate repair work.
- Accountable for coordinating with other staff to achieve set sales goals.
- Cooperate with staff in planning meetings to identify regular accounts, marketing calls and schedules.
- Work with Marketing representative to develop methods of follow-up and contact, such as thank you letters, props and other methods of maintaining contact and presence with agents, dealers, fleets and businesses.
- Participate in monthly company meetings and be willing to attend any and all training programs to enhance performance.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Functional / Technical Knowledge:
- Management Software (ABS) – INTERMEDIATE
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – INTERMEDIATE
- Estimating Software (ADP, Mitchell, CCC) – INTERMEDIATE
- Specialized Training:
- ICAR a plus
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative.
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening.
- Physical Requirements:
- Keyboarding/Finger dexterity
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Squatting, Kneeling, Standing, Sitting, Walking)
- Driving, must have valid DL
Car Craft is an innovative leader in auto body repair in the St. Louis area. Car Craft Oakville is our third and newest location, with two more locations in Chesterfield and Bridgeton. We have been in business for since 1963, with a professional office staff and ASE-certified and I-CAR-trained technicians.