This position is responsible for all phases of auto body repair from light to heavy. The Body Technician must foster a positive team spirit within the department and with other departments. This person must be meticulous in his or her work and always strive to improve productivity and quality of work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for auto body repair.
- Perform all straightening and repairs according to factory specifications and repair order including door, hood, deck alignments, chassis and frame measurements, welded on unibody parts and related tasks.
- Remove and replace sheet metal, glass and cosmetic parts.
- Straighten/repair damaged panels and parts.
- Makes unibody and frame pulls to within specifications.
- Apply filler and sand to match original contours.
- After paint, responsible for reassembly, headlight adjustment and other final alignments.
- Work closely with appraiser regarding supplement processing.
- Must be able to maintain and or exceed set cycle time goals set forth from management staff.
- Accountable for parts and environment management.
- Responsible for checking parts for correctness prior to beginning repair and reporting any discrepancies to management.
- Upon completion of each job, return all unused or repairable parts to production manager, request next assignment.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in which to work that reflects the excellent working conditions of the Company.
- Must provide own tools in good working order to complete necessary tasks.
- Accountable for quality control.
- Report any discrepancies, missed damage, hazardous conditions, damaged tools or equipment or other problems to management.
- Report any additional damage to management.
- Adopt work habits that are in accordance with the Company Employee Policy Manual.
- Strive to become more skilled and efficient, attending training as required.
- Other duties as assigned per General Manager
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Experience or equivalent training in automotive collision repair.
- Specialized training.
- ASE Certification a plus.
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Physical Requirements:
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 80 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have a valid DL
Car Craft is an innovative leader in auto body repair in the St. Louis area. Car Craft Oakville is our third and newest location, with two more locations in Chesterfield and Bridgeton. We have been in business for since 1963, with a professional office staff and ASE-certified and I-CAR-trained technicians.