This position is responsible for assessing a vehicle following body repair to determine refinish efforts required to restore vehicle’s paint to an acceptable level and executing these efforts. This person must maintain a current skill and education level to paint vehicles at a high quality level and in accordance with factory specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for auto body painting preparation.
- Evaluate bodywork prior to starting refinish efforts.
- Responsible for preparing the damaged area of the vehicle for painting.
- Check all parts to ensure that they are correct for the repair assigned and all there. If not, notify management immediately.
- Responsible for protection of the vehicle from primer and overspray and any removal of overspray as necessary.
- Accountable for the auto body painting process.
- Responsible for formulation, preparation and application of all promers, sealers, basecoats, color coats and clear coats.
- Responsible for use of all paint-related products according to the manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Responsible for color match and mix paint, in accordance with vehicle’s specifications and insurance guidelines.
- Responsible for refinish and blend, in accordance with vehicle’s original factory specifications.
- Responsible for completion of all refinishing per the estimate or work order in a timely manner and using proper repair methods.
- Responsible for final touches of each refinished panel such as wet sanding, buffing, removing dirt and application of swirl mark removal.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate paint stock for refinish department.
- Accountable for tools and environment.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining own set of hand tools, including air sanders, air wrenches, miscellaneous air tools and spray guns.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment in which to work that reflects the excellent working conditions of the company.
- Accountable for quality control.
- Responsible for reporting any discrepancies, missed damage, hazardous conditions, damaged tools or equipment or other problems to management.
- Performs all assigned repairs which are safe and correct to reflect the philosophy of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned per General Manager
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Experience or equivalent training in automotive painting.
- Certifications as appropriate, ASE, I-CAR, or BASF. (May be completed within an appropriate amount of time).
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Physical Requirements:
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 100 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid DL
Car Craft is an innovative leader in auto body repair in the St. Louis area. Car Craft Oakville is our third and newest location, with two more locations in Chesterfield and Bridgeton. We have been in business for since 1963, with a professional office staff and ASE-certified and I-CAR-trained technicians.