The Parts Manager increases the efficiency of the store by ensuring that parts and inventory is available at an acceptable level at all times. This person negotiates with suppliers to obtain inventory at the best possible cost savings from the most reliable sources. In addition, he or she must keep excellent documentation, in order to minimize losses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for procuring and inventorying necessary parts.
- Responsible for all purchases and handling of parts, sublet and materials, using a systemized procedure for ordering, receiving, storing, dispensing and documenting.
- When order is received, verify correctness.
- Accountable for documenting activity within the department.
- Mark and store all received parts with proper repair order number.
- Maintain inventory records on all small parts and specialty items.
- Upon completion of vehicle repair, return unnecessary parts for credit.
- Accountable for communicating with production and management staff.
- Upon receipt of correct parts, advise Production Manager so that vehicle can be scheduled and communication with customer can occur.
- Issue parts to proper technician.
- Participate in daily target meetings.
- Responsible for materials and safety management.
- Maintain the safekeeping of all shop specialty tools and dispense as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment that reflects the working conditions of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Experience in a purchasing and inventorying capacity, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Functional / Technical Knowledge:
- Management Software (CCC1) – BEGINNER
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) – BEGINNER
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative.
- Negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- Physical Requirements:
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 100 lbs, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching)
- Driving, must have valid DL
- On-The-Job Exposure to the following elements:
- Chemicals / Toxins
- Heat / cold