A Detailer/Porter must be meticulous and thorough in the quality of his or her work. This position looks over the repaired areas for completeness, improving the quality and productivity of the repair process. In addition, a polite and courteous attitude is necessary when dealing with customers and internal team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for materials and environment management.
- Communicating with management regarding ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies and products necessary for detailing vehicles.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment that reflects the standards of the Company.
- Responsible for keeping exterior of building and interior of shop clean and in an orderly manner. Example all trash removal of shop area and shop grounds, helping to maintain a proper, organized and secure lot
- Must report to Production Manager and assist in anyway needed to ensure proper workflow and shop status.
- Accountable for vehicle detailing.
- Ensure that all vehicles if instructed are pre-washed prior to repairs.
- Upon receiving vehicle from paint department, ensure that all tape and other materials are removed.
- Check for and remove all overspray.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicle.
- Polish and buff old and new paint as required.
- Install all trim and cosmetic parts related to this department.
- Accountable for checking quality of vehicle repairs.
- Report any discrepancies, missed damage, hazardous conditions or other problems to the manager.
- Accountable for Company policy adherence.
- Produce all assigned work in a timely manner using proper repair methods.
- Adopt work habits that are in accordance with the Company Employee Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned per General Manager
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Experience detailing vehicles, preferably in an auto collision environment.
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Physical Requirements:
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 100 lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Driving, must have valid DL
Car Craft is an innovative leader in auto body repair in the St. Louis area. Car Craft Hazelwood is our fourth and newest location, with three more locations in Oakville, Chesterfield, and Bridgeton. We have been in business for since 1963, with a professional office staff and ASE-certified and I-CAR-trained technicians.