The duties of a tow truck operator consist of communicating with a dispatcher, driving to the location of the vehicle, connecting the vehicle to the tow truck, and transporting it to the correct location. Drivers will interact with customers, speaking to them about their automotive problems and concerns. As such, a tow truck operator will need to be able to communicate well and will need to have basic vehicle knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for Maintenance of the Tow Truck
- Accountable for all company tows
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the shop
- Other Duties as assigned
- Accountable for company policy adherence.
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Driving and operating a flatbed tow truck: 2 years
- Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Flexible / adaptable to constant change.
- Strong customer service skills
- Clean driving record
- General Physical Skills (Carrying, Lifting – 100 lbs., Squatting, Kneeling, Pushing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching, Pulling extensively)
- Repetitive motion
- Work is performed mostly outside in all weather conditions
"*" indicates required fields